If you have a picky pooch like we do try this recipe for peanut buttery dog biscuits.
Our rescue puppy Dobby (our house elf) loves them almost as much as he does Puppachino’s at Starbucks.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Biscuits (Cookies)
Dog Biscuit Ingredients
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Water (as needed to make dough workable)
Dog Biscuit Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix flour and cinnamon together, add pumpkin, eggs and peanut butter in a well in the center of the dry ingredients. (You could substitute almond butter or coconut oil if you or your dog has allergies to nuts)
- The dough should be dry and stiff. (add water if needed to roll the dough.
- Roll the dough to ½-inch thickness
- Cut cookies to desired size depending on your dogs preference
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.
For extra fun cut the dog biscuits into shapes like dog bones or holiday shapes. I like to use the mini cutters so there are more to share. These look adorable if you find cute dog themed food bags, wrap a bit of ribbon around and gift your dog loving friends instead of making candy or cookies at the holidays, or any time.
If you have a favorite recipe that your dog loves for dog biscuits please feel free to share it below or on the Facebook page here.
Dobby’s Favorite treats are the Peanut Butter Applesauce Dog Biscuits I posted earlier. I made both with the cookie cutters and some that I just cut up into small squares so you can use for training treats as well as just spoiling time. You will be amazed at how much less expensive making your own treats is AND how nutty your dog will go to get one. I don’t know if they can just tell that there is extra love in there or it’s just that they are made with real food and they are fresh from the oven but I promise you will see the difference.